kellydepps

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Thoughts for the end of October by Kelly Kintner-Zehring

I don't know where to start because I have had so much on my mind and I thought I was going to explode this week...I just think that we should really take time to think in our lives. We need to take time to think about some of the couselling we have been given all of our lives and that is we reep what we sow...I had someone tell me that I had been lucky to make the decision about what I wanted to do about my life early on and then I was lucky that it fit me so well...but I was thinking about others around me and how I feel that they try to live through others or through their children and it isn't going to happen. What decisions we make is what we are going to had to reep and what we should want for ourselves or others (Especially our own children) is to make better for ourselves. I really think we live in a world or such self-pity that I can hardly breathe around some of these people. I don't know what they are thinking when they think that can't make better for themselves or they cannot pick their "OWN" chins up off the floor and move forward positively. We are all given equsl choices it is just what we choose to do with them that make us different people. My life hasn't always been easy and there are definitely spots that didn't measure up to what I thought they should have in my life. But I have had to pick myself UP and that has meant that I have had to really pick myfself up from places that I thought I wouldn't find myself.
I have truly been blessed this fall with a lot of things to happen in my life that have opened my eyes at the tender age of 44...and because of those things I will go on my way throught the rest of my life differently. Life is work and it isn't always fun. It isn't always fun to look for the good in each day but that is whtat we need to do. I was able to hear a talk by a man of God the beginning of the month and he said that we need to take time to write down the things each day where we saw God's hand working in our lives. Children need to know the trials we endure as well as where the Lord has carried us.
I know that some of my loved ones around me are in pain and I am learning to deal with that. I guess you never want to realize that you are going to grow older or that your family members will but I have to learn patiance. I have to learn that I will make the best of each day and I will hopefully be good to them. I love to help but by the same token I have learned in the last couple of years...NOT TO BE AN ENABLER. Some need to do some things for themselves so they don't become dispodant.
We are all in charge of own destiny and we are all able to make wrong and right choices that will guide us...choose wisely. Remember, those that have loved us and raised us have wanted only the best for us and now it is time for us to pull our heads out and make good choices; our lives are not over when the future doesn't look the way we want it and our lives cannot end just because we don't feel good for a day or week...get up and do something to make life worth living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home